A Hertfordshire-based home improvement company has been fined after the unsafe removal of asbestos material from a domestic property.
St Albans Magistrates’ Court heard how Ace of Hearts Home Improvement Limited (AOH) removed asbestos containing materials (ACM) from a domestic property in St Albans.
The Asbestos Insulation Board (AIB) soffits surrounding the underside of the guttering around the front, gable end and back of the property had been dismantled in an unsafe manner creating the serious risk of respiratory exposure of asbestos fibres to the two workers and the residents of the property (family of four including two children).
The company was fined £100,000 by HSE and ordered to pay costs.
Most Recent News
- Full Strip Out after Major Fire with Asbestos Contamination. 6 May 2018
- National Hotel Contract Completion 18 March 2018
- BSi ISO 9001. Renewal December 2017 24 December 2017
- BDMA Show Stratford Upon Avon November 2017. 1 December 2017
- The Asbestos Group de-construct fire damaged property in Westbury. 24 October 2017
- The Asbestos Group complete strip out and reinstatement after fire and asbestos contamination at flat in Weymouth. 14 September 2017
- The Asbestos Group 10th Anniversary 26 July 2017
- Standon Care Home Fire Tamworth 9 May 2017