In late 2019 The Asbestos Group were requested to survey a fire damaged semi-detached property in Devon, the results confirmed Chrysotile was present throughout the property and The Asbestos Group were awarded the contract to remove all the hazardous waste in line with CAR 2012 and demolish the damaged property.
Works commenced with the complete strip out of hazardous materials in January and a building surveyor was instructed to provide a structural appraisal of the existing party wall and the adjoining property. The installation of a substantial party wall membrane was completed and bore holes excavated to enable the structural integrity of the foundations to be checked by an independent surveyor to enable the planned deconstruction to be commenced.
A section 81 notice was applied for by The Asbestos Group with the local council which was granted and the appropriate notices served.
COVID-19 did interrupt the planned schedule of works but the demolition was completed in line with the expectations of the clients and a handover of the project took place on friday 12th June 2020.
Well done to all the team .
Most Recent News
- Demolition Contractor Stored Dangerous Asbestos 7 April 2022
- Major Entertainment Venue Asbestos Strip Out 18 December 2021
- Asbestos Slate Roof Contamination in Fire Damaged Property 2 September 2021
- Asbestos Slate Roof on Three Storey Building 2 April 2021
- Happy New Year. 2021 Will Be Better 🌈🌈🌈 1 January 2021
- Asbestos Contamination in Bar Cellar from Fire in Stock Room 12 November 2020
- Asbestos Survey-Remove Hazardous Waste ( Strip Out )-Installation of Party Wall Protection-Demolition of Semi-detached Property. 16 June 2020
- Not much work but Glad to Help NHS 11 April 2020