In late 2019 The Asbestos Group were requested to survey a fire damaged semi-detached property in Devon, the results confirmed Chrysotile was present throughout the property and The Asbestos Group were awarded the contract to remove all the hazardous waste in line with CAR 2012 and demolish the damaged property.
Works commenced with the complete strip out of hazardous materials in January and a building surveyor was instructed to provide a structural appraisal of the existing party wall and the adjoining property. The installation of a substantial party wall membrane was completed and bore holes excavated to enable the structural integrity of the foundations to be checked by an independent surveyor to enable the planned deconstruction to be commenced.
A section 81 notice was applied for by The Asbestos Group with the local council which was granted and the appropriate notices served.
COVID-19 did interrupt the planned schedule of works but the demolition was completed in line with the expectations of the clients and a handover of the project took place on friday 12th June 2020.
Well done to all the team .
Most Recent News
- Asbestos Contamination in Bar Cellar from Fire in Stock Room 12 November 2020
- Asbestos Survey-Remove Hazardous Waste ( Strip Out )-Installation of Party Wall Protection-Demolition of Semi-detached Property. 16 June 2020
- Not much work but Glad to Help NHS 11 April 2020
- Party Wall Protection and Asbestos Strip Out. 1 March 2020
- Merry Christmas to All our Clients 25 December 2019
- Fire Damaged Property Insurance Claim 28 September 2019
- Reinspections and Asbestos Management Plans 6 April 2019
- What a last five months….. 18 December 2018